Dear CrossFit Kids’ Parent,
Thank you for allowing your child to be a part of the CrossFit Kids Class! The commitment to our children’s future is a beautiful, arduous, amazingly nuanced path; the coaches are excited you have chosen CrossFit Kids to be a part of that path as CrossFit has changed all of our lives immeasurably for the better. With your child, we are not only able to potentially enhance their lives, but we also have the opportunity to shape their lives and their realities within them. It is with this endeavor I have dedicated my life; your child’s safety and opportunity to potentiate their personal lives are my primary focus.
I wanted to take this opportunity, now that the Kids Class is underway, to introduce myself formally and to set some policies and procedures for the safety of your child and the efficacy of their CrossFit class experience.
My name is Chad Noble and I started my CrossFit journey in 2016. I became a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer in October 2018 and obtained my CrossFit Kids specialty certificate on December 9, 2018.
We will be running one class FREE TRIAL PERIOD on Saturdays 10 am – 10:45 am from 1/12 – 2/2 , to start for Kids (ages 5-12). If demand and schedule permit, we may offer a Preschool (ages 3–5). Please note that it is not the age of your child that is the deciding factor for what class he or she attends. It is largely based upon individual skill, athleticism, and maturity and is ultimately decided upon by the head coach to ensure your child is getting the most out of the CrossFit experience. Preschool class lasts 20 minutes and the Kids class lasts 30-40 minutes. Saturday Open Gym for ADULT Members will now begin at 10:45 am and will extend to 12:30pm. Children are encouraged to sign up for CrossFIt Kids and are not allowed to work out or be in the main gym during Open gym hours.
As previously stated, your child’s safety is paramount to the coaches, and it is with this focus I need your help. Below are some rules that we must enforce as a CrossFit Community to best protect your child; please:
1. Walk your children inside the building for the start of the class, and come inside the building to pick them up.
2. Bring your children to the designated Kid area, where the head coach will meet them and take them onto the gym floor for the day’s class.
3. Immediately notify the head coach if you see anyone in the parking lot or in the gym who does not belong there.
4. Unless pre-arranged with the head coach, the children are only allowed to go home with the person who drops them off.
5. Until I get to know all of you and your children by name, please sign your child in and out with the head coach so I can ensure they are going home with the appropriate person.
6. A waiver, signed by a parent or legal guardian, is required for each child before he or she is allowed to participate in a class.
7. Ensure your child has a bottle of water, or a bottle that can be filled up at the drinking fountain. Don’t forget to put your child’s name on it!
8. Ensure your children are wearing clothes appropriate for running, jumping, rolling, pulling, swinging, climbing, crawling, throwing, and being upside down.
9. If you choose to stay and watch the class (which I hope you
do!), please do not coach your child.
10. Children with disciplinary problems: first warning-free of consequence, second warning-sit out the first two minutes of the game, third warning-go to the parent.
Finally, please make the head coach aware of any special needs for your children that may facilitate their individual safety, learning, and growth (i.e., medications, illness, physical/mental limitations, injury, sports, etc.).
I look forward to getting to know all of you personally and training your children to the utmost of my ability. If you have any questions, comments, problems, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to get a hold of me
Chad R. Noble
A LITTLE ABOUT ME:
My name is Chad and I started CrossFit here at CrossFit 580 in the Summer of 2016. Since that summer, I have steadily increased my health and fitness to where I feel in the best shape of my life. I owe that to the amazing coaches and encouraging community here at CrossFit 580.
I am also a father of a very special 7 year old boy. As I learned more about CrossFit, I discovered that the functional movements, exercise, and nutrition would be hugely valuable to my son and other children. I, therefore, embarked on a journey to learn more about CrossFit Kids. I became a CrossFit Level 1 trainer in October 2018 and then obtained my CrossFit Kids Specialty certificate in December 2018. This has enabled me to start teaching my son and the kids in our community. I am super grateful to CrossFit 580 and the community for their support in starting this new program.
Besides CrossFit, I have always enjoyed sports including swimming, running, biking, water skiing, snow skiing, snowboarding, SCUBA diving and rock climbing. During my college years, I was a lifeguard and swim instructor for kids ranging in age from 3 years old to teens. I eventually earned my B.S., M.S., and Ph.D from the University of California at Davis with a degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering. I also volunteer as a Search and Rescue diver for the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office.
My ultimate goal is to give back to this wonderful Livermore community by helping kids gain a good foundation in exercise, nutrition, and sport that will assist them throughout their life.